Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy 10847NAT
What is a Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy?
This is a specialist qualification and the highest nationally recognised qualification available to Bowen Therapists in Australia. It expands upon the skills and knowledge built in the Certificate IV to take your skills in both Bowen Therapy and business to the next level. You’ll learn specialist Bowen procedures, clinical assessment skills, Bowen-specific anatomy, special tests, and much more.
Interested in taking your skills to the next level?
Be better at Bowen and better at business on completion of the Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy 10847NAT. Are you already working as a Bowen Therapist? Seeing good results in clinic, but keen to take your skills to the next level? You’re ready for the Diploma! You’ll increase your confidence in assessment and selecting procedures, learn how to treat more complex conditions, plus gain skills to help you grow your business.
You will learn:
- A suite of specialised Bowen moves to work more effectively with health issues, especially chronic complaints. Did you know, it’s estimated nearly 50% of Australians now have a chronic health disease?
- How to work with specific, complex pathologies such as Scoliosis, chronic migraines, Osgood-Schlatter disease, Morton’s Neuroma, Trochanteric Bursitis, Upper Crossed Syndrome, and more.
- New assessment skills for pinpointing conditions, finding root causes, and greater confidence in procedure selection
- How to understand medical imaging reports from X-rays, CT/CAT scans, and more in practice
- Myofascial meridians
- Acupressure meridians
- Muscle firing patterns
- Business marketing skills to improve your business success
- How to evaluate and enhance your practice through self-reflection and ongoing professional development
- How to use research to improve your practice
Put simply, you’ll be better at Bowen and better at business!
- Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy 10846NAT
The Diploma provides comprehensive and individualised instruction by combining practical training (conducted during three-day weekend workshops) with distance learning. It includes 150 logbook hours completed on a minimum of 15 people outside class hours. We offer small class sizes to ensure personalised attention and hands-on assistance from your trainer.
Next start date
Courses are typically offered once per year in most locations. You can start your distance learning one month prior to Module 8.
You’ll study part time over a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 2 years. Download your free course info pack here for a sample timetable.
Only the most experienced trainers and Bowen Therapists teach in the Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy 10847NAT. You’ll benefit from their many years of experience both as professional Bowen Therapists and educators.
Got more questions? Scroll through the training information below and enter your email address here to receive your free course information pack.
“I can highly recommend the Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy. I feel the confidence it has given me is one of the main reasons for the recent growth in my business.”Matt HartDiploma Graduate, 2023
About the course
Completion of the only nationally recognised Bowen courses offered in Australia* allows you to feel secure that our courses have been consistently upgraded to meet the high quality standards of education in Australia.
Graduates of the Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy can join Bowen Association Australia as Accredited Members.
Areas covered in this course:
- – A range of specialised Bowen Therapy procedures
- – Clinical assessment skills
- – Embryology
- – Body systems
- – The effects of Bowen Therapy on proprioceptors and the autonomic nervous system
- – Common pathologies and clinical presentations
- – Rehabilitation techniques
- – Bowen Therapy assessments & special tests
- – Integrating Bowen technique with assessment skills for clinical practice
- – Bowen specific anatomy fascia, muscle firing patterns, muscle/meridians
The Diploma combines distance learning with practical, hands-on learning, offered in 3-day weekend workshops.
Here at BTA, we understand the demands of a busy life! That’s why we have created the Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy 10847NAT with flexible study options, allowing you to pursue your education while balancing your other responsibilities.
View Units of CompetencyDiploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy 10847NAT
- – NAT10847001 Perform specialised Bowen Therapy health assessment
- – NAT10847002 Select specialised Bowen Therapy treatment to meet specific client needs
- – NAT10847003 Provide and monitor specialised Bowen Therapy treatments
- – HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information
- – CHCPRP003 Reflect and improve upon professional practice
- – CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
- – CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- – BSBESB404 Market new business ventures
- Pre-requisite: Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy
- Current Professional Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance
- Current First Aid certificate – HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office (2013 or later)
- Adobe Reader to open and read .pdf documents
- Access to a camera or smart phone that can produce short videos
- Basic computer skills
Fees & durationCourse Duration: Minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months
Course Fees: $5,740 – Get in touch here (link to Dip-form) for the full course brochure and cost breakdown, including our flexible payment options.
- No upfront costs
- Pay As You Go, where you only pay for the module(s) you enrol into. This spreads your total course cost over 12-18 months.
Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program
The Australian Government provides up to $2,000 (incl. GST) to co-fund training to help mature-age Australians to update their skills and remain in the workforce longer.
You may be eligible if you are:
- Aged 40 years and over
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Currently employed and at risk of entering the income support system, or
- -recently unemployed (within twelve months) and not registered with an Australian Government employment services provider such as jobactive or Disability Employment Services.
- have completed a Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (Program) assessment that identified training opportunities that were included in the Career Plan.
Click here for more information about how to apply.
Career opportunities & salary potential
- – Specialist Bowen Therapist
- – Specialist areas of interest include chronic conditions, babies and children, pre and post-natal care, sports and personal training, stress management, trauma, body-mind aspects, rehabilitation and more.
- – Starting your journey to become a BTA trainer and assessor
- – Managing a multi-disciplinary clinic
“I would highly recommend BTA's Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy. I believe the knowledge and depth it has added to my practice has enabled me to provide a far better service to my clients, and help spread the powerful word for this great modality.”Fran ShippDiploma Student, 2023