Chris Reed has worked in natural therapies since 1996 when he first started as a Remedial Therapist. In 1997 he trained as a Bowen therapist and in 2004 became a Bowen Therapy instructor. To further his understanding of the body Chris undertook an Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy and completed this in 2009.
Chris has always been interested in the workings of the body, his interest beginning with his wife Marita’s studies as a nurse many years ago.
Chris runs Geelong Bowen & Remedial Therapies and conducts courses with Bowen Training Australia. He uses Bowen on all clients unless a massage is demanded. He says,
“Why use anything else when Bowen is the best?”
Chris has always been keen on being fit, running marathons and competing in triathlons. Through his training, Chris has an insight into how athletes think which he feels certainly helps when treating athletes and footballers.
Committed to teaching Bowen in its original form, Chris strives to share his passion and his understanding of this amazing technique.
His personal mission is to “Inspire Happy and Healthy Lives” and he works to achieve this by:
- Operating Geelong Bowen & Remedial Therapies since 1999. It is now a multidisciplinary clinic specialising in Bowen Therapy but now incorporating Massage, Myotherapy and Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Teaching Bowen Therapy locally, nationally and internationally
- Producing the BowenBuzz Podcast
- Chairing the Bowen Association of Australia for the past 15yrs
- Current chair of Bowen Training Australia
- Striving to share his passion and his understanding of the amazing Bowen technique
Chris has developed a new online and interactive CEU workshop, “The Pelvis.” Register here.